Go back to the Job List
Posted date: 2023-May-17
Location: Lawler, IA
Homeland Energy Solutions, LLC, an ethanol production facility located in Lawler IA is currently accepting applications for a Production Manager. Safety oriented, motivated and energetic self-starters to be part of the Production team.
General Summary: Focus the Production Department on the key drivers of Operations Excellence. Responsible for overall operations of the facility in a safe and efficient manner keeping the company goals and objective evident.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete projects on-time, on-budget, on-quality and safely.
• Management of Change (MOC) procedures are utilized as appropriate and documentation of the change is completed.
• Hiring and development of employees for Operations department; create succession plan.
• Production Supervisors and Operators know, understand, and prioritize work based on the key risks of the job as well as profitability objectives.
• Ordering products/chemicals and reporting daily results.
• Able to read, understand and follow standard operating procedures for operation of plant and associated equipment.
• Able to operate laboratory equipment and make technical readings.
• Able to troubleshoot, anticipate and correct problems associated with plant operations.
• Able to review the process to ensure accuracy and the highest quality of product.
• Follow the Operations Objectives to reach the facility’s performance objectives and overall goals.
• Communicate with the lab to anticipate or remedy any problems to ensure the highest quality and optimize the facility’s efficiency.
• Keep the facility clean and safe taking into account all local city, state and federal laws and regulations in all operations of the plant.
• Communicate with the maintenance department to anticipate or fix problems in a timely manner.
• Supervise and direct staff for benefit of the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Excellent communication skills, leadership skills, time-management skills, problem solving skills, good judgment, computer literacy, safety and security knowledge.
Education and Experience: Prior supervisory experience and prior production experience required. 3-5 years past or current job history in Ethanol industry along with 1-3 years as a Production supervisor or manager in Ethanol industry.
Physical Requirements: Must have ability to lift at least 60 pounds, must have the ability to climb ladders and work at heights of at least 30 feet and manage confined space entry. Duties may include shoveling of corn or other bulk materials and other duties involving strenuous physical labor. Must have the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Facility operates 24/7, may need to work nights and weekends.
Working Conditions: Work areas are exposed to all elements of weather, loud noise, and dusty conditions. Must be able to work safely with exposure to chemicals and while working with heavy moving machinery.
We have competitive wages and excellent benefits include health, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, HSA, FSA and 401(k) available. Discressionary bonus program. Paid time off and holidays. Come join our exciting industry & rewarding team! EOE
Applications available online at www.homelandenergysolutions.com, apply in person or email [email protected]. Please forward application & resume to Homeland Energy Solutions, 2779 Iowa Hwy 24, Lawler, IA 52154.