Job Type: Full Time
Midwest Renewable Energy (MRE) serves the changing world of ethanol production from
agricultural feed stock to a distilled 200 proof final product - ethanol. MRE distributes products
based on customer needs big and small and has a growing portfolio to meet the growing
demands of exciting new markets. MRE provides distributors and end users with spec grade
alcohol to enhance their application’s performance, stability and earn repeat customers – while
delivering capacity at the right time and the right price. MRE also provides co-products to help local farmers and co-ops such as wet distillers grains and corn oil and syrup.
This full-time position is located in Sutherland, Nebraska. This person will be responsible for
installing, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing low and high voltage electrical,
automation and instrumentation equipment per Nebraska electrical code as well as industry
standards. Pay range may be enhanced with experience and skills related to process equipment
instrumentation and controls such as PLC logic, reading and reviewing P&ID’s and having sound
understanding of common plant DCS system such as Wonderware.
• Observe and follow plant environmental and operational rules, procedures, and guidelines.
• Strictly adhere to and enforce safety procedures as required by MRE and OSHA.
• Ensure work is done in compliance with electrical (NEC and NFPA) codes.
• Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair low and high voltage electrical equipment.
• Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair PLC cabinet components and logic
• Computer Aided Process Planning (CAPP) experience or general awareness is a plus
• Install and calibrate analog and discrete instrumentation and control valves.
• Read, understand, and effectively utilize technical information from electrical schematics,
vendor information, procedures and codes.
• Calibrate and use test equipment associated with the ethanol plant electrical and safety
• Participate in planning and scheduling maintenance activities.
• Create and modify reports and records associated with the electrical systems of the plant.
• Perform corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance tasks as required.
• Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.
• Assists with new installations and other projects, as requested by the supervisor.
• Provide recommendations for reliability improvements.
• Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance,
remain alert while driving for continuous period of time and read and understand maps.
• Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays when necessary.
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• The ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the areas of assignment as
would be acquired in three to four years of high school.
• Minimum of two years of experience in electrical or instrumentation maintenance and repair
or associates degree (or higher) in a related field required.
• Journeyman license preferred.
• ISA certification preferred.
• Allen Bradley SLC 500 experience preferred.
• Programmable logic controller / Distributed control system (PLC/DCS)
troubleshooting/programming experience preferred.
• Hands-on experience in operations, maintenance and project implementation related to
industrial production, process equipment, auxiliary equipment, power control and
• The ability to read process control documentation such as process flow diagrams, control
logic block diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, electrical schematics, circuit
diagrams and wiring diagrams. Ability to methodically troubleshoot electrical and control
• Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in
word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word,
Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
• Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to MRE’s
auto insurance carrier.
• The ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions and 50 pounds from the floor
to the waist.
• Must be able to climb ladders, climb to and work off of elevated platforms, ladders and
• Must be able to work in confined spaces and in harsh weather conditions.
• Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties.
• Job requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time with moderate bending, stooping,
• PTO, flexible family / worklife balance
• Vision, dental, health, life, and disability insurance
• Annual bonuses
Submit a resume or request an application:
For more information contact by email: