The Cedar Rapids IFF location is a leader in the industrial biotechnology sector which develops innovative enzymes and bioproducts to improve the performance and reduce the environmental impact of the cleaning, textiles, animal nutrition, grain processing, and chemical industries.
We currently have an excellent, REMOTE, opportunity to work within a highly driven team where you can apply your decision making and analytical skills daily while collaborating with other team members to support our Cedar Rapids, IA location.
The Technical Service Account Manager will be directly responsible for providing technical service to existing and new customer accounts within the Carbohydrate Processing and Fuel Alcohol markets.
What We Offer
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance – Including a generous company contribution to a Health Savings Account
• Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental, and Vision Insurance. We also offer Life and even Pet Insurance
• Legal Assistance
• Short-term and Long-Term Disability Protection
• Paid Maternity and Paternity leave – 16 Weeks
• 401k – 6% company match of employee’s first 6% PLUS an additional 3% company contribution
• 3 weeks of vacation to start (prorated in the first year)
• 12 company-paid holidays annually
• Wellness Program – Earn credits receive a total of $500 Premium Differential
• Career Development Program – Learn and grow at IFF
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
• Help customers optimize enzyme/yeast performance through routine plant visits to perform process audits and lab analysis.
• Provide training and guidance to the customer for product selection and application optimization.
• Analyze process and lab data to make recommendations for improvement to the process.
• Develop tools or models to improve data analysis.
• Help develop and execute account plans.
• Assess business development opportunities from a commercial and technical perspective.
• Establish/maintain strong contacts both externally (at customer) and internally with sales, marketing, R&D.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• BS or MS in science (Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, etc.) or technical (Engineering, etc.) discipline.
• 3-4 years of relevant experience in an industrial biotechnical environment (Enzymes, food, fuel alcohol, etc.).
• Outstanding analytical skills.
• Proficiency with Office.
• Proficiency with JMP or other statistical program preferred.
• Customer service focus with an ability to develop/maintain relationships.
• Self-motivated and results oriented.
• Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to travel 50% or more.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check required.
Want to find out more about us?
Please visit https://www.iff.com/careers to learn more.
At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex, or veteran status. We strive for an inclusive workplace that allows each of our colleagues to bring their authentic self to work regardless of their religion, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, or disability.
Visit IFF.com/careers/workplace-diversity-and-inclusion to learn more