South Bend Ethanol, located in South Bend, Indiana are hiring Maintenance Mechanical Technicians.
To analyze and correct equipment issues in the plant. Dismantle and install machinery and mechanical service equipment, including building repairs. Report failure codes and propose corrective actions. Maintain dialogue with operations and report issues.
Duties and responsibilities
• Performs work requiring thorough mechanical knowledge including:
• Centrifugal and positive displacement pumps
• Belt drives
• Direct driven equipment
• Alignment of equipment (laser)
• Rotary feeders
• Compressors and compressed air valves
• Small bore piping (threaded)
• Boiler mechanical including high pressure (600 psi) valves.
• Perform and thoroughly document PM procedures as required.
• Fabricates parts if not commercially available.
• Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous or imminent failure of equipment and corrective action taken.
• Adheres to housekeeping and safety standards, including the required use of personal protective equipment.
• Welding/burning as required.
All other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
• Formal apprenticeship or completion of in-plant training (OJT) program.
• Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
• High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others.
• Ability to work all shifts, flexible hours and mandatory overtime.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions and work without constant supervision.
• Able to read schematics
• 6G certification is preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 4 plus years of industrial millwright/mechanic experience.
• High School diploma or GED or prior experience/training in manufacturing environment
• Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws, polices, and rules. Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance as determined by company. Must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. Must be available and willing to work such overtime as is necessary or desirable to meet business needs. Must be able to stand, bend and stoop.
Working conditions and environment
Noise may exceed 85db must wear hearing protection. Exposure to current weather conditions and hot plant environment.
Normal equipment used
Tools, man lifts, safety equipment, Safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection and steel toed shoes are required.
We are accepting resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title and facility name when submitting your resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity