This position will lead the EHS function by providing direction and support at all levels in the plant. This position will monitor and assess compliance to prevent chemical, physical and biological hazards and exposures throughout the plant and to the community. The individual will ensure that all plant environmental, health and safety policies, guidelines and programs are in compliance with regulatory requirements, best practice industry and Corporate standards. The individual will administer effective EHS programs and procedures that continuously increase overall awareness in EHS to eliminate undesired incidents at the plant. This will include, developing, organizing and providing any needed EHS training. Collaborate with Corporate, business units and regulatory agencies to ensure EHS concerns are identified and managed. Along with participates on the Corporate and Winnebago EHS Committees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A summary of the essential functions of the position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Workplace Environment, Health, Safety and Security;
• Responsible for development, implementation, communication and maintenance of EHS policies, programs and standard operating procedures (SOP’s); to ensure the organization is compliant with health and safety legislation (Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry (MNOSHA), Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)) and Corporate Standards; to reduce and prevent hazards, environmental impacts and injuries.
• Development, tracking and reporting of site EHS goals and key metrics to prevent undesired events and incidents.
• Develop systems to ensure all employees/contractors comply with all relevant legal safety requirements.
• Identify training needs, organize and co-ordinate training courses and prepare training material where appropriate.
• Identify unsafe acts, conditions, and hazards, investigate root causes, and identify corrective and preventative actions and report to management.
• Liaise with on-site contractors to ensure their compliance with company safety regulations and adherence to safety standards.
• Conduct surveys and audits as required to identify and minimize risks to company and employees.
• Assist with the preparation of emergency/contingency plans, review and update emergency procedures and training with key staff. Including organizing and leading Emergency Response Teams and facilitate Emergency Response Plan (ERP) drills as required.
• Perform risk assessments in conjunction with colleagues and employees to reduce risk and prevent incidents.
• Review planning and installation/modifications of plant equipment/projects to ensure in compliance with current legislated and Corporate requirements.
• Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. process safety, fire regulations, industrial hygiene, noise, hazardous material handling, transportation, packaging and labeling, etc.
• Coordinate all industrial hygiene and employee health testing; maintain records and notify employees of test results.
• Coordinate, develop and promote employee wellness programs.
• Maintain interface with employees, doctor in conjunction with People & Culture, as applicable.
• Interface with all State, Federal and local environmental and safety authorities.
• Ensure storage and transportation (both domestic and international) regulations for all products are adhered to across all production, storage and transport modalities (warehousing, ground/ocean/air transport etc..). This includes, but is not limited to proper labeling of products, packaging, and containers
• Perform periodic facility inspections, prepare necessary Corporate and business unit safety reports and report result to management.
• Organize activities of site Safety Committee including the agenda, roster, taking of minutes, and action item follow-up.
• Manage contractor safety program and supervise non-routine work.
• Maintain and ensure site security program is compliant with all regulations as well as State, Federal and local requirements for first responders.
• Participate in all Corporate EHS committees and activities.
• Complete all site Corporate EHS reporting.
• Oversee a permitting system that includes documented Job Safety Analysis (JSA) along with ensuring routine tasks have been assessed for risks.
• Manage and monitor for accuracy and compliance for all existing safety data sheets (SDS’s) as well as working with contracted regulatory agencies to create new SDS’s as required
• Part of the Management team, working together to develop EHS strategies for the site to reduce incidents and exposures.
• Coordinates the hazard determination for each position/task and uses employee participation and consultation to ensure the hazard ratings and their controls are accurate, complete, and identify the best controls. Determine and log all Risks and Opportunities. Reports to department management so actions may be taken to reduce/eliminate risk and optimize on opportunities
• Monitor proposed and existing EHS regulations and legislation to determine their impact on operations. Develops and implements programs to ensure continued compliance.
• Adheres to and fully complies with the Company’s Health, Safety, Environmental, and Security Procedures.
• Consults workers in the development, planning, implementation, performance evaluation and actions for improvement of the EHS management system. Is responsible for the aspects of the EHS Management System over which they have control
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health, Safety Engineering, or similar four-year degree
• Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience in an EHS role
• Effective interpersonal and communication abilities
Previous experience in the following categories is an advantage:
• Fast paced, ISO and/or GMP hazardous chemical manufacturing environment
• Dangerous goods transportation
• GHS (Globally Harmonized System) Classifications and Labeling
• Process Safety Managment
• Adaptability- able to provide examples of adapting to changing circumstances and over- coming technical and/ or operational problems
• Teamwork- able to demonstrate supporting colleagues and the company to achieve challenging targets, good team working skills and good communication skills.
• Innovative- able to provide examples where improvements have been made by the individual
• Can- do- Attitude - supportive of the company's mission and purpose. Readily takes on challenges and strives to overcome challenges and set- backs
• Demonstrates resilience flexibility - Flexibility with Shifts if required
• Excellent, professional work ethic willing to learn, develop and grow within the organization.
• Builds and maintains relationships
• Manages conflict and crisis
• Acts decisively
• Attention to detail
• Driver of change - Thinks systematically and inspires change
• Contributes own views and listens to views of others, creating a culture of inclusiveness.
• Contributes to a positive team environment
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Greenfield Global Team! We are offering a competitive salary, experience dependent.
Greenfield Global enhance customer experiences, thrive in a ‘continuous improvement’ environment, and if you want to join a high-performance team that is passionate about excellence and cares about its role in the world, Greenfield is the perfect place to build your career.
Greenfield’s mission is to unlock the potential of people, partnerships and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet – and is always looking for people who can bring new -talents and experience to the team.