Position Overview: Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position establishes production department objectives in the areas of safety, environmental, production, quality and efficiency. The Production Manager develops strategies for effective objectives implementation and continuous improvement. The Production Manager has full ownership, responsibility and accountability for all activities for the efficient production of fuel ethanol, DDG, WDG, CDS, corn oil and CO2. This position is responsible for achieving results through his/her direct reports, consistent with plant and corporate requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement, oversee, and comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements.
• Establish and plan department objectives, and provide implementation strategies to achieve health and safety, environment, quality, production/plant efficiency objectives.
• Establish and implement strategies to achieve department objectives through leadership and participation.
• Stay current on industry performance standards and best practices and ensure that the department and plant facility meet or exceeds benchmark standards.
• In conjunction with the leadership team, collaborate, evaluate, and prioritize plant facility objectives, and participate in the development and implementation of business action plans as a leader.
• Anticipates future needs/ priorities and establishes a technical direction for the department.
• Responsible for annual budget, monthly cost reports, and all relevant general ledger accounts
• Responsible for overseeing all duties and responsibilities of all direct reports.
• Work closely with the Manager of People & Culture regarding staff performance management, growth and development, training, policies and procedures and people management.
• Develops employees by conducting annual performance evaluations for all direct reports and follow up on objectives and opportunities throughout the year.
• Take a lead role with respect to the plants ISO 9001 Quality Program. Ensures compliance with standards and legislation.
• Takes a lead role in, and ensure plant compliance in GMPs, and food and feed safety. Ensure compliance with FSMA, FEMAS, and other relevant food and feed safety initiatives.
• Work closely with the team to evaluate and prioritize capital needs.
• Work closely with the Maintenance Manager to maximize equipment up time.
• Work closely with the QA Manager to ensure excellence in product quality.
• Develops future vision and gets others to buy into the direction using an appropriate pace for change.
• Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
Skills, Education, and Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Applied Science, B.A. Sc., Mechanical or Chemical with Process Engineering experience
• Management experience in a continuous chemical process facility. Experience with alcohol production background is an asset.
• Experience in problem solving, continuous improvement tools and root cause analysis.
• Proven ability in organization, decision-making and problem-solving techniques
• Experience managing teams, developing employees and achieving results through others.
• Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards.
• A motivated individual driven to achieve optimal plant performance, takes full ownership of the job, stretches the limits and keeps the team focused, performing at their maximum ability.
• Promotes clear communication, expectations, performance standards and accountability at all levels.
• Team-oriented individual with effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments.
• Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility.
• Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.