Position Overview: This position is responsible for ensuring effective operation of the plant utilities systems, coordinates improvement projects, and provides technical support to the entire organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for overseeing all duties and responsibilities of all direct reports.
• Works closely with the Manager of People and Culture regarding staff performance management, growth and development, training, policies and procedures and people management
• Develop employees by conducting performance evaluations for all direct reports and follow-up on objectives and opportunities throughout the year
• Supervises the operation and maintenance of the plant utility systems, including steam boiler and distribution system, water treatment, storm water ponds, air compressors, cooling water systems.
• Oversees energy conservation.
• Provides technical troubleshooting expertise.
• Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for the utilities department; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all boiler operators.
• Works closely with other team members to assist with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansion.
• Acts as the company liaison with outside agencies (i.e. FM Global)
• Takes a lead role with respect to the plant’s Quality Program. Ensures compliance with standards and legislation.
• Takes a lead role in, and ensure plant compliance in GMPs, and food and feed safety. Ensure compliance with FSMA, FEMAS, and other relevant food and feed safety initiatives.
• Maintain safety, health, and environment policies and procedures. Ensure city, county, state and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are always met.
• Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 5S opportunities within facility.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review.
• Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
Skills, Education and Qualifications:
• Chief 1st Class Operating Engineer Certificate of Qualification possessing license in good standings.
• Secondary engineering license would be seen as an asset.
• Familiar with the Occupational Health & Safety Act administers all applicable regulations consistently. Knowledgeable of ESA and Arc Flash requirements and adheres to regulations.
• Experience in continuous improvement tools and root cause analysis
• Proven ability in organization, decision-making and problem-solving techniques
• Experience managing teams, developing employees, and achieving results through others.
• Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards.
• A motivated individual driven to achieve optimal plant performance, takes full ownership of the job, stretches the limits and keeps the team focused, performing at their maximum ability.
• Promotes clear communication, expectations, performance standards and accountability at all levels.
• Team-oriented individual with effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments.
• Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility.
• Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.