OBJECTIVE: Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for overseeing all maintenance activities at the Winnebago plant by providing leadership and guidance to ensure department goals and objectives are met. The position has full ownership, responsibility, and accountability for all activities within the maintenance department including the establishment of a comprehesive reliability-based system and culture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Implement, oversee, and comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements (ESA, CSA, etc.).
• Responsible for the efficient maintenance and reliability of all plant equipment and facilities at the Winnebago plant
• Prioritize, schedule, and plan plant maintenance activities and manage maintenance and project activities to completion.
• Responsible for overseeing all duties and responsibilities of all direct reports.
• Work closely with the Manager of People & Culture regarding staff performance management, growth and development, training, policies and procedures and people management.
• Develop employees by conducting annual performance evaluations for all direct reports and follow up on objectives and opportunities throughout the year.
• Collaborate with other departments to plan maintenance activities, including routine maintenance activities, equipment installation, major project work, and plant shutdown activities.
• In conjunction with the leadership team, collaborate, evaluate, and prioritize plant facility objectives, and participate in the development and implementation of business action plans as a leader.
• Responsible for annual budget, monthly cost reports, and all relevant general ledger accounts.
• Provide a technical direction to the team and utilize all resources available to resolve technical issues and challenges that affect throughput, quality, or efficiency of production, such as Root Cause Analysis, Industry Consultants, PFMEA, VSM and all other resources that are deemed necessary.
• Oversee the preventative maintenance program, performance metrics, and inventory of spare parts.
• Responsible for sourcing, scheduling and managing third-party contractors.
• Input and extract data using the Maintenance Management System (MAXIMO) to ensure that up to date records of jobs including preventative maintenance records, required material and resources are maintained.
• Stay current on industry standards and best practices, and ensure that the department and plant facility meet or exceed benchmark standards.
• Develop future vision and gets others to buy into the direction using an appropriate pace for change.
• Take a lead role with respect to the plants ISO 9001 Quality Program. Ensures compliance with standards and legislation.
• Take a lead role in, and ensure plant compliance in GMPs, and food and feed safety. Ensure compliance with FSMA, FEMAS, and other relevant food and feed safety initiatives.
• Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Completion of post-secondary education in a technical field. Professional Engineering designation would be an asset.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience with prior leadership experience in a continuous process environment.
• Experience in problem solving, continuous improvement and root cause analysis.
• Proven ability in organization, decision-making and problem-solving techniques.
• Experience managing teams, developing employees and achieving results through others.
• Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards.
• A motivated individual driven to achieve optimal plant performance, takes full ownership of the job, stretches the limits and keeps the team focused, performing at their maximum ability.
• Promotes clear communication, expectations, performance standards and accountability at all levels.
• Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments.
• Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility.
• Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.