Pennsylvania Grain Processing, LLC, a diversified agri-business, is seeking a Plant Manager. The Plant Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of all areas of the facility to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are processed on-schedule, within quality standards and meet cost objectives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors while supporting all related the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Responsible for all plant departments (production, maintenance, quality, material handling, shipping, safety) carrying out the established plant operations plans and compliance with procedures for maintaining high standards of ethanol and by-products operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards. Manages plant expenses effectively.
2. Formulate and recommend plant policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
3. Oversee staffing in all plant departments with least amount of overhead to meet annual staffing plan. The Plant Manager is responsible, through staff, to ensure that all employees are adequately trained in current operating procedures, equipped and motivated, so that total manufacturing objectives can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner. Communicates regularly with all employees, both individually and as a group to ensure consistent operation among the shifts.
4. Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and or reduce operating costs.
5. Ensures facility compliance with current federal, state, local or corporate regulations. Consult with Human Resources, Food/Feed Safety, Safety and/or Environmental Departments as appropriate.
6. Enforce all safety, health, environmental and food/feed safety policies and procedures. Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for all plant employees; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all employees.
7. Initiate and coordinate major projects, (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
8. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships. Communicate directly with Maintenance, QC, Material Handling and other plant departments to ensure coordination of efforts toward established operations plan.
9. Complete all other duties as assigned.
• This position requires a BA/BS in chemical/industrial/mechanical engineering, business administration or related field and five years experience in the operation of a dry mill ethanol plant or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 5-years experience supervising others in a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer is required.
• In-depth knowledge of the ethanol production process and technology is required.
This is a full-time position with pay commensurate with experience along with a generous benefits package including health, dental, disability, and life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, and educational assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume at www.pagrain.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Supporting a drug free workplace.