Responsible for assuring production crews and shift supervisors are operating the facility as directed by the Operations Manager. Assist Operations Manager in assuring maximum production quantity and quality are achieved, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Monitor the operation of the plant assuring product quality, and production goals are achieved while anticipating and solving problems in a manner that lends itself to training opportunities for Lead Operators and other employees.
• Review records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, etc., to assure the current KPI tracking system is updated as required.
• Work closely with QA/QC laboratory personnel to assure participation from operations is effective and assure there is an understanding within operations of the QA policies and procedures.
• Understand and help production crews interpret QA/QC results to ensure appropriate action is taken when required.
• Effectively communicate with the Lead/Process Operators to ensure fermentation recipes are understood and that all additions are executed as directed by the Operations Manager
• Assist Operations Manager with updating Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistent and safe operations of the plant and processes.
• Communicate directly with the maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
• Work closely with Lead/Process Operators to make sure all procedures of the Safe Work programs, including Confined Space, Hot Work, and Lock-out Tag-out are understood and followed.
• Monitor and audit the master cleaning schedule for proper housekeeping.
• Assure the involvement of Lead/Process Operators in continuing education and training programs for obtaining the necessary skill sets to adequately perform the duties of cook, distillation, energy center, and board operation.
• Execute and update signed job descriptions
• Assist with yearly and monthly employee review with Operations Manager.
• Assure all hourly operations personnel are trained in Paycor - Time & Attendance
High school diploma or equivalent certificate required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred. Ability to learn and work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS). Punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to: Attendance policies and timeliness of completing assigned tasks. Ability to maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Ability to communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner and be able to provide clarification as necessary. Capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Significant time will be spent in the plant. Many types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, high-pressure jet cookers, agitators, mixers, milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges, and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations of 175 feet. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy.
Interested candidates, please submit a resume to Recruiter2595@hotmail.com.