Position: Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Coordinator
Employment Status: Fulltime
Posted to: Internal & External Applicants
Location: Underwood, North Dakota
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Hiring Range: DOE
Midwest AgEnergy is a North Dakota biofuels enterprise that owns Blue Flint, a 73 million gallon per year biorefinery in operation since 2007 near Underwood, ND and Dakota Spirit, a 75 million gallon per year biorefinery in operation since 2015 near Spiritwood, ND. Together with our partners, we are building a renewable energy future for our country, creating value for North Dakota farmers, and bringing prosperity to our communities.
We: are accountable, act professionally, behave ethically, serve customers passionately, communicate candidly, and perform safely.
This is an exciting time for our company as we explore unique opportunities for growth and expansion. The successful applicant may assist with regulatory aspects of a CO2 storage project, the first of its kind in North Dakota, and a repower effort.
The Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator will be responsible for the planning and implementation of healthy, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to assure compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations and support the safe operation of the facility. The applicant hired will plan, conduct, track and schedule events to train managers and employees in job specific safety and health topics, as well as, direct emergency response activities and oversee response plans and programs. The position is also responsible for managing all air, water and waste regulations and keeping Midwest AgEnergy in compliance with the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS), Department of Energy regulations and other applicable fuel-based rules.
The duties of this job require a high degree of specialized expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy. Drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet these established criteria are necessary for successful job performance.
Work schedule will primarily be normal business hours, Monday through Friday, with additional hours required as needed.
• Must live within one (1) hour drive time from the plant location
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge and/or experience of health, safety and environmental laws
• Knowledge and/or experience researching, organizing and interpreting data from business periodicals, journals, contracts and government regulations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge and/or experience working in a team environment with Lean Production Principles (LPP)
• Knowledge and/or experience working with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Knowledge and/or experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
**All applicants will receive an email notification that their resume was submitted.