The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of Operations Department staff. The Shift Supervisor plans, coordinates, and directs daily operations in the Operations Department. The position is responsible for training department personnel in the operation of Operations Department specific tools and equipment, and in the completion of department standard operating procedures. The Shift Supervisor leads their team in and contributes to a plant wide safety culture. Al-Corn Clean Fuel operates on a 24-hour continuous basis that requires Supervisors to work scheduled shifts (including nights, weekends, and holidays) alongside their supervised personnel.
Position reports to the Senior Production Manager and is non-exempt.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervise department personnel, responsible for day to day activities of the department.
2. Areas of responsibility include corn reclaim, grinding, cook, fermentation, distillation, centrifugation, DDGS drying and conditioning, RTO, and corn oil separation.
3. Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all daily documentation and required inspections.
4. Collect, analyze, and report on process and quality assurance/quality control samples, and make adjustments to plant operations when necessary.
5. Collect process operations data and prepare daily logs to support the operation of the plant.
6. Supervise and perform preventative maintenance, planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
7. Ensure daily department compliance with company policies, as well as relevant Local, State, and Federal regulatory requirements
8. Create, update, and train department personnel to department specific and facility standard operating procedures.
9. Learn and operate the plant controls system.
10. Communicate verbally and in writing to coordinate with team members and other departments to safely plan and execute maintenance repair work
11. Determine methods and materials needed to complete assignments
12. Must be available for after hour calls.
13. Maintain a clean and safe working environment, keeping the facility, including production and office areas, clean and in tour ready condition
14. Participate in safety, health, and environmental programs
15. Other duties as assigned
Competencies/Preferred Job Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. 5 years experience in production environment, focusing on operating or repair of mechanical equipment; pumps, valves, compressors, electrical or instrumentation preferred
3. Knowledge of relevant OSHA, FDA, FRA, and EPA regulations for manufacturing environments
4. Ability to read safety data sheets (SDS) and ready chemical labels
5. Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software applications
6. Requires leadership, negotiation, supervisory, people/time management skills.
7. Proven written and oral communication and report writing skills.
8. Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to odors, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme outside weather conditions including wet, cold and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to noisy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, turning, reaching, climbing and balancing. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 60 pounds. The employee must also be able to work at heights and in confined spaces. He employee must be able to drive a mechanical vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If your interested in appling for this postion please send your resume to James kuglin, Senior Produciton Manger. His email is
email@example.com and if you have questions you can contact him directly at 507-681-7112..You can also go to our website
http://www.al-corn.com/ and fillout the application and send that to James Kuglin.
A few benefits that we have: paid vacation, health and dental, 401K plan, Long term disability, Well pay program, Profit Sharing, Safety