Nebraska Corn Processing, LLC (NCP) is seeking a bright, creative individual to work as part of our team in the role of Plant Manager located in Cambridge, Nebraska. The Plant Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of all areas of the facility to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are processed on-schedule, within quality standards and meet cost objectives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors while supporting all related the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for carrying out the established operations plan and compliance with procedures for maintaining high standards of ethanol and by-products operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards. Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
2. Maintain accurate production records on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis of key variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc. Provide written reports on plant production to the General Manager on a timely basis as required.
3. Oversee staffing in all plant departments with least amount of overhead to meet annual budgetary plan. The Plant Manager is responsible, through staff, to ensure that all employees are adequately trained in current operating procedures, equipped and motivated, so that total manufacturing objectives can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner. Communicates regularly with all employees, both individually and as a group to ensure consistent operation among the shifts.
4. Formulate and recommend plant policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards. Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and or reduce operating costs.
5. Ensures facility compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate. This position requires use of a respirator.
6. Direct and coordinate various programs essential to operating procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.). Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures. Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for all plant employees; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all employees.
7. Initiate and coordinate major projects, (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
8. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships. Communicate directly with maintenance department to direct maintenance and repair work in all plant areas. Communicate directly with QC laboratory to ensure effective implementation of QC policies and procedures.
9. Monitor use and inventories of process chemicals and all other supplies. Initiate reordering when necessary.
10. Complete all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and five years’ experience in the operation of an ethanol process manufacturing facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• In-depth knowledge of grain processing and ethanol and by products.
• Experience with repairs and maintenance of processing equipment is required.
• Excellent problem solving, relationship building / internal and external.
• Highly effective organization and planning skills.
This is a full-time position with compensation commensurate with experience and background. Generous benefits package including health, dental, disability, and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume online at: www.nebraskacornprocessing.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.