Responsible for the operation of the Boiler and Drying System, working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Constantly review the operation of the Boiler and Dryers to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
2. Understand and implement start-up and shut-down procedures for the safe and efficient operation of the Gas-fired package boiler and the dryer system. Control Fire Hazards; know methods of control and emergency reporting in case of fire. Inspect Fire suppression equipment daily. Know the interlock system.
3. Maintain accurate records of boiler and dryers on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
4. Communicate directly with QA/QC laboratory to ensure effective participation in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
5. Sample and test boiler waters and sample streams as required by the QA/QC program and procedures.
6. Understand and interpret QA/QC results and take appropriate action when required.
7. Communicate directly with the maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
8. Perform preventive maintenance activities as required.
9. Assist maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
10. Work in a safe manner at all times.
11. Participate in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
12. Monitor use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies.
High school diploma or equivalent certificate required or technical degree/certification. MN Class 1 Boiler License required. Valid Driver’s License required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
2 years experience in the operation of a high pressure Boiler
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ability to learn and work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS). Punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines. Ability to maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Ability to communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner and be able to provide clarification as necessary. Capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Significant time will be spent in the plant. All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, jet cookers, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. For more detail please review the ADA questionnaire on file in Human Resources.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds frequently.
Please submit your resume to Guardianjvjobs@guardiannrg.com.