JOB TITLE: Maintenance Manager FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: COO
General Summary: Responsible for overall Maintenance operations of the facility while keeping the company goals and objectives evident. Maintains the leadership and management of Maintenance Technicians by enforcing policies and procedures. Effectively coordinates with other departments to ensure maximum efficiency and production of the facility while maintaining a safe environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and schedule all repairs, problems, diagnosing problems and preventative maintenance with respective departments. Maintains effective communication with all areas of the plant ensuring problems and tasks are addressed in a timely manner.
• Develop preventive maintenance cycles based on equipment manufacturer recommendations, adjusting to plant experience. Periodically reviews the work order/preventative maintenance backlog to ensure timeliness of repairs and problem resolution.
• Utilize Predicative Maintenance to minimize life cycle cost of equipment & systems.
• Coordinate annual plant shutdown including developing a comprehensive task list of items to be performed during the outage, coordinate with contractors to complete projects on anticipated time schedule
• Effectively maintain various computer programs to log purchasing, receiving, and invoice reconciliation for all parts.
• Oversee all stock levels for parts to ensure parts are available according to business need. Effectively manage aging reports to adjust minimum/maximum stock levels and source parts based on equipment specifications, price, availability and quality.
• Oversee the removal, installation, overhaul, lubrication and cleaning of all equipment associated with the production of ethanol. Including but not limited to: coordinating the engineering for new equipment or system upgrades, selecting and ordering equipment, management of contactors and construction projects, and maintaining project budgets and documents.
• Perform equipment, instrument and electrical work as needed.
• Responsible for the direct supervision of the Maintenance Technicians including delegating responsibilities as needed to keep the department working efficiently
• Participates in the development of Maintenance Technicians including knowledge sharing/training, conducting performance reviews, providing counseling to employees in the form of verbal and written corrective action.
• Compliance with all city, state and federal regulations.
o Comprehensive understanding of Process Safety Management
o Maintain Mechanical Integrity program as specified in PSM
o Maintain records of Mechanical Integrity equipment
o Schedule necessary testing, overhauls or replacement of MI equipment based on current regulations
o Maintain spare parts inventory in accordance with MI – Quality Control
o Maintain Fuel Burning Equipment, testing of safeties in accordance with MI
o Maintain Tank inspections on an Annual, 5 year and 10 year cycle in accordance with MI
o Maintain Piping inspections on a 5 year cycle in accordance with MI
o Maintain the Continuous Emissions Monitoring System
o Maintain the Fire Prevention systems
o Maintain State Inspection Annually for Boilers, Vessels & Tanks
o Perform contractor reviews in accordance with MI
• Oversees the maintenance of the plant grounds
• Completes required training, participates in additional Management training and attends additional training/conferences as recommended by the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
• Problem solving skills – ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Oral communication skills – ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
• Delegation – ability to delegate work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
• Management skills – ability to direct staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
• Quality management – ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Judgment – displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
• Planning/organizing – ability to prioritize and plan work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Scheduling – ability to effectively schedule staff for care of daily tasks and emergency repairs.
• Safety and security – actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Prior maintenance experience is required. Prior management experience is preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must have ability to lift at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, work at heights of up to 150 feet, and stand/walk for long periods of time.
Working Conditions: Work areas are exposed to all elements of weather, loud noise, and dusty conditions. Must be able to work safely with exposure to chemicals and while working with heavy moving machinery.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Apply online at: https://sheakleymidwest.evolutionadvancedhr.com/JobApplication.aspx?jobpostingkey=9d1c8255-a42e-43d2-a7c6-aaf9b362131c