Working under the Laboratory Manager, the Laboratory Technician is responsible for implementing the quality assurance (QA/QC) program for the ethanol plant to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIESE
Assist in implementing plant QA/QC program.
• Implement plant QA/QC program based on best practice in the ethanol industry by sampling various points in the process and conducting QA/QC tests as required.
• Monitor use and inventories of laboratory chemicals and supplies.
• Operate, maintain, and calibrate laboratory equipment.
• Prepare reports, analyze data and make recommendations for adjusting process conditions to ensure that QA/QC standards are met and earnings are maximized.
Maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
• Ensure county, state, and federal regulations relating to the QA/QC laboratory are met at all times.
• Participate in the safety program for the QA/QC laboratory.
Assist to coordinate activities with other departments.
• Ensure effective participation by the process operators in the implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.
• Implement programs and procedures required to ensure laboratory and plant cleanliness.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Associate’s degree from two year college/university/tech school in a related scientific or technical field.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years experience in a QA/QC laboratory in a process industry required. Experience with implementing effective QA/QC programs. Experience with automated laboratory equipment (such as HPLC or GC). Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge of general office equipment required.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong basic math skills. Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external customers. Ability to maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, use tact and diplomacy, and possess a customer service focus. Strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills, negotiation skills, dispute resolution and ability to overcome obstacles. Manage multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy. Ability to anticipate needs and accomplish necessary tasks. Strong motivational ability. Act with honesty and integrity.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Time will be spent in a temperature-controlled office-based environment at the laboratory within the plant. Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Able to view computer screen for lengths at a time. Some time will be spent in the plant. All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, jet cookers, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. Some local travel required or as needed. For more detail please review the ADA questionnaire on file in Human Resources.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Please send your resumes to Guardianjvjobs@guardiannrg.com.