Husker Ag is currently seeking applications for full-time plant operations position.
Excellent Benefits Pkg.
Benefits include: paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) retirement plan, quarterly profit sharing, health insurance, long-term and short-term disability, group life insurance, dental and vision insurance and flex spending account for dependent care.
A. JOB SUMMARY:
Oversees and maintains equipment for boilers, cooling towers, reverse osmosis and waste pre-treatment to ensure it is operative and working according to standards and requirements.
B. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB (responsibilities or duties):
1. Follows procedures for plant start-up, shut down, cleaning and batching.
2. Performs quality control test on product streams. Respond to collected data and make adjustments to optimize plant operation.
3. Keep accurate and timely logs.
4. Transition operators coming onto shift by briefing them on what has happened and what is supposed to be done on next shift. Notify Production Manager of any production issues.
5. Loads trucks and railcars when assigned and/or requested. Unloads corn and/or supply trucks as assigned and/or requested.
6. Understands and appreciates processes and operations throughout the plant, so that when help is needed in other areas of the plant, is able to provide it.
7. Understands and masters skills necessary to maintain plant equipment.
C. MARGINAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Completes other tasks assigned by Utilities Manager or General Manager.
2. Assists where needed or requested.
D. DIRECT REPORTS or INDIRECT REPORTS:
1. COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
a. Knowledge of or willingness to learn production schedules and standards.
b. Skill operating various types of equipment.
c. Knowledge of or willingness to learn water chemistry.
d. Knowledge or willingness to learn mechanical room operations.
e. Math skills.
f. Ability to follow verbal or written instructions.
o Cooperation (team player)
o Problem Analysis and Solution
o Attention to Detail
o Safety Awareness
o Ability/Willingness to Learn
o Tolerance for stress
Plant Operations Assistant
2. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
o No experience required. Some experience in manufacturing and/or distribution industry is helpful;
o High school diploma or GED;
o Equivalent years of experience and/or education.
3. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS for Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling:
Medium Heavy: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 15 pounds of force constantly to move objects.