Earn wages up to $30/hr based on demonstratable qualifications in the areas below:
• Strong commitment to safety
• Experience in industrial manufacturing environment
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of electrical circuits and equipment
• Knowledge in 4-20 milliamp instrumentation.
• pipe welding/fitting
• Fluid transfer pumping systems
• Material handling and transfer systems
• Steam generation
Benefits include: paid vacation and holidays, 401k retirement plan, quarterly profit sharing, health insurance, long-term and short-term disability, group life insurance, dental and vision insurance and dependent care flexible spending plan.
A. JOB SUMMARY:
Repairs, replaces, lubricates and/or cleans equipment used in production of ethanol.
Supports the mission of Husker Ag.
B. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB (responsibilities or duties):
1. Installs, re-builds, welds, lubricates, removes, and/or cleans all equipment used in production. Uses safe methods and is thorough in completing responsibilities.
2. Maintains accurate recording/accounting of time and materials in relation to work orders and assigned tasks.
3. Assists with receiving and shipping of materials and supplies. Researches needed materials and parts by utilizing manuals and catalogs.
4. Works with production and operations managers and staff to accomplish tasks in a timely and safe manner.
5. Understands the use of equipment in the plant production and processes.
6. Follows maintenance schedule to keep equipment operative and discuss any problems with Maintenance Manager.
C. MARGINAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Completes other tasks assigned by Maintenance Manager or Plant Manager.
2. Assists where needed or requested.
1. COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
a. Knowledge of or willingness to learn use of welding, cutting, pump alignment, preventative maintenance, and instrument/electrical work.
b. Skill in a trade such as welding, equipment repair, electrical work, etc.
c. Ability to manage in a confined work space and space entry.
d. Ability to follow verbal or written instructions, and schedules.
o Cooperation (team player)
o Problem Analysis and Solution
o Attention to Detail
o Safety Awareness
o Ability/Willingness to Learn
o Tolerance for stress
2. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
o Two (2) years of experience in a trade;
o High school diploma or GED;
o Equivalent years of experience and/or education.
3. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS for Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling:
Heavy: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.