The Environmental Health & Safety Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of environmental, health and safety, and regulatory compliance of our 30MGY ethanol plant.
Bachelor degree in Engineering, Safety/Environmental Sciences or related technical field required
5 years experience in operating an industrial facility subject to OSHA 1910 and applicable EPA regulations or comparable experience required
Experience with state pollution control standards required
In-depth knowledge of ethanol production process and technology preferred
Previous management experience preferred
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
Knowledge of general office equipment required
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong creative and organizational skills
Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external customers
Ability to maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, use tact and diplomacy, and possess a customer service focus
Strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills, negotiation skills, dispute resolution and ability to overcome obstacles
Manage multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy
Ability to anticipate needs and accomplish necessary tasks
Strong motivational ability
Act with honesty and integrity
Essential Job Functins:
1. Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
2. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and permits under OSHA (including PSM), EPA, DENR, TTB, FRA and any other non-financial regulating body.
3. Own overall management system structure for compliance assurance and integrate all compliance tools into plant operations.
4. Ensure all plant modifications receive appropriate permitting approval in a timely manner to support construction schedule and all plant/system changes are managed through plant Management of Change (MOC) procedure.
5. Maintain positive, proactive relationships with all regulatory contacts creating easy communication flow and positive view of plant by regulators.
6. Ensure systems are in place to provide complete compliance with all regulations.
7. Ensure training systems provide proper platform to promote ever increasing standards for safe work execution.
8. Work through plant leadership team to implement changes that increase performance in all EH&S areas.
9. Responsible for the development and implementation of the plant improvement strategy.
10. Ensure all required compliance audits are performed, gaps are communicated and deficiency plans are developed and implemented.
11. Develop leading and lagging measures that clearly articulate plant performance.
12. Write monthly reports on accomplishments, gaps and improvement plan progress.
13. Develop and implement succession plan for future plants and projects.
14. Ensure implementation of processes and procedures to maintain compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations and permits under OSHA, TTB, FRA, EPA and state DENR.
15. Develops implements and delivers training programs for varying levels of individuals with Red River Energy.
16. Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or diseases to determine causes and preventative measures.
Some time will be spent in a temperature-controlled office-based environment at the plant office. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Able to view computer screen for lengths at a time. Significant time will be spent in the plant. All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, jet cookers, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. May be required to work in high, precarious places. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. Travel required or as needed. For more detail please review the ADA questionnaire on file in Human Resources. This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds occasionally.
To apply, please send resume to Kellie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to;
Please call (605) 537-4550 ext 115 with any questions about this position.