Summary of Job/ Position Description
Provide sales and service support across the Emerson and Impact Partner product and service landscape for independent ethanol plants. Understanding Ethanol Plants key business issues and support their business drivers by appropriately applying our offerings to meet their needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible to provide consultation, scoping and execution of asset management activities for all products in the Emerson Impact Partner portfolios. Rely upon additional Emerson and Impact Partner resources when scope becomes larger or more complicated than prudent
• Responsible for hardware support, installation, startup/commissioning, calibration, diagnostics, repair, upgrade, and troubleshooting.
• Responsible for sales goals of all Emerson Automation Solutions products including: Measurement, Flow, Analytical, Reliability, Flow Control, Isolation, Actuation, and Pressure Management
• Support the sale and execution of Control and Safety Systems and Reliability Solution Products such as PlantWeb products including but not limited to: PlantWeb Insight, Optics and Advisor applications, AMS Device Manager, AMS Machinery Health Monitor and associated on-line and offline products
• Responsible for providing documentation to communicate the services provided and the value thereof
• Responsible for support of AMS Intelligent Device Manager software including installation, troubleshooting, use and end-user training
• Support the sale and execution of outage services and field service contracts
• Support territory account managers in pursuit of business goals and objectives
• Meet company expectations with regard to accuracy, quality, timeliness of work and customer satisfaction metrics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Two year technician degree or equivalent training and experience
• Knowledge of code requirements to enable accurate decisions about replacement vs repair for parts and products.
• Aptitude for mechanical assembly and calibration.
• Aptitude for installation, calibration and maintenance of instrumentation.
• Knowledge of process control systems
• Knowledge of Emerson Final Control devices or equivalent knowledge of similar devices
• Knowledge of Emerson Measurement, Flow, and Analytical devices or equivalent knowledge of similar devices
• Ability to organize and set priorities while demonstrating excellent customer service and relationship building skills
• Ability to work with computer applications needed to support record keeping, operations, product setup, calibration, test and evaluation.
• Demonstrates strong verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, high attention to detail, timeliness, and self-motivation.
• Meets company expectations with regard to accuracy, quality, timeliness of work and customer satisfaction metrics.
• Ability to travel, including overnight.
• Ability to pass required course work and certification requirements.
• Ability to lift 70 lbs
Measurements and or Goals
GOALS: Profitably grow all aspects of the business units outlined under “Principal Duties and Responsibilities” meeting or exceeding bookings goals.
MEASUREMENTS and MILESTONES: Measureable increase in sales and year to year growth of Emerson products and services to the independent ethanol market.