Responsible for the maintenance and repair of plant equipment and machinery to support efforts to maximize production of ethanol. Hires, trains, coaches, and evaluates performance of employees. Exemplifies the performance standards and mission of Husker Ag.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB (responsibilities or duties):
• Develops and implements a preventative maintenance schedule for process equipment and machinery, ensuring all equipment is checked, repaired, parts are replaced, lubricated and completely operative at all times. Designs and implements equipment repair schedule for shut-down times. Collaborates with Plant Manager and Production Managers in scheduling and performing tasks on equipment.
• Hires, trains, evaluates and coaches staff members to yield success.
• Oversees the purchasing of all parts and supplies needed for equipment repair and maintenance.
• Encourages and enforces compliance with safety programs and procedures.
• Ensures that parts inventory is assembled, organized and readily available when needed.
• Supports effort to maximize production through innovation, creative problem solving, adaptation and correction of processing bottlenecks.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
• Knowledge of maintenance procedures for all types of equipment and machinery including, yet not limited to, centrifuges, drying equipment, boilers, cooling towers, chiller, air compressors, pumps, valves, electrical circuits, and 4-20 milliamp instrumentation.
• Skill in performing, or know-how to perform specialized labor, such as welding, electrical work, mechanics in order to make repairs on equipment.
• Skill in scheduling tasks and workers to get quantity of work accomplished.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Three (3) years of experience in manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance;
• One (1) year of supervision;
• Certification as welder, mechanic or related skill preferred;
• Equivalent years of experience and/or education.
Please send resume and/or application to email@example.com.
Application can be found online at www.huskerag.com under the career opportunities tab.