Production Managers are responsible for the supervision of the plant and lead operators, working closely with them to reduce or eliminate down time. The Production Manager strives for maximum efficiency in plant operations and supports operations through problem solving, adaptation, and working with other departments to correct process problems. They are also accountable for ensuring all products manufactured meet established specifications and communicate production performance to the Plant Manager. Employment for this position is conditioned upon successfully passing certain pre-employment requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Supervise production staff on a day-day basis, including determining workloads and schedules, implementing and interpreting policies and procedures, evaluating and training staff, approving and making hiring and termination recommendations
• Responsible for performance management of all direct reports
• Strive for maximum efficiency in plant operations, working with all departments to correct process problems
• Optimize plant up-time or runtime, minimize all plant downtime
• Make process decisions including shutting plant down if necessary and carry out all directives from the Plant Manager
• Assure all products manufactured meet specifications established
• Train, monitor, and develop plant operators and perform appropriate coaching with the required training documentation
• Assure compliance of all company, state, and federal regulatory agencies policies and rules, and assist in implementing approved changes
• Responsible to contact appropriate department manager with problems/concerns and call in additional personnel if needed
• Support and enforce all safety regulations
• Effectively communicate with management team and other departments to keep them informed and resolve issues
• Assure all daily documentation and accountability of required process information is completed in a timely and accurate manner
• Assist with employee performance reviews in an objective, fair, consistent, and confidential manner
• Must be able to build, maintain and contribute to a team environment
• Ability to manage others including the responsibility of recruitment and performance management for all reporting employees. This may include: interviewing and hiring, performance reviews, goal-setting, disciplinary action, career development
• Work with the Plant Manager in the hiring of plant operations staff
• Safe work practices are a condition of employment. Report any safety issue or problem to your supervisor and safety coordinator immediately
• Actively promote GLE’s vision, mission, and values with employees, outside vendors, and customers
• Be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work
• Be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
• Maintain high level of customer service
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. 4-year degree is preferred
• Manufacturing production background experience
• Operational background in ethanol production
• Five (5) or more years of previous supervision or leadership role with specific supervision experience in an ethanol plant is highly desired
• Effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
• Individual must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language and be able to give accurate verbal and written instructions
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
• Must be able to communicate clearly in English
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Must be able to adapt to outside work environments which could include cold, heat, wind, rain, snow and slippery surfaces.
• Individual will be exposed to high noise levels.
• Open valves by hand with a twisting motion. Pushing brooms, shovels, etc.
• Occasionally bending, twisting, and turning while lifting weights of less than fifty (50) pounds
• Data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour
• Walking of two (2) or more miles per day
• Standing for extended periods of time
• Qualified individuals will work at heights, be able to adapt to 12 hour workdays, and be able to meet call-in requirements as needed
• Elevated work required
Glacial Lakes Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by law.